Tuesday, March 4, 2014

9. Interview

For my interview I will be choosing/asking some of my classmates who are also English majors if they are willing to participate in research about summary's and how to not only identify them, but also do them correctly and understand the different types.  I had thought to choose three English majors to interview and one Communications major and one Math education major, just so that I can see what others from different majors thought of when it comes to a summary. 

I will hold a meeting with them all individually at different times, wherever they want and time is fine with me as my schedule is very flexible.  I will be making an interview guide and outline as to how I plan on starting the interview process.  Not only will I be interviewing them but I will also present them with a short survey about the process of summary's.  I still need to think of how I will ask the questions to make them open ended and figure out how to make the survey as simple as possible, but in the end I'm sure I will get all the data I need.  This is what I have for the interview so far.

Interview:
1.  How would you define a summary?  Do you understand what it is used for?
2.  Are you aware of the other types of summary's?
3.  For your major, how often would you say you use summary's?
4.  Do you understand what a professor is actually expecting from you when you are asked to present them with a summary?
5.  Do you feel it is an important thing to know how to proceed with a summary?

Then I will present the survey which I am hoping will be only yes or no questions so that it will be easy to conduct but I am also rethinking doing a survey because I may get all the answers I need from my interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment