Monday, February 24, 2014

8. Research Plan

My statement of purpose is that I am going to identify who actually understands the term "summary" and the different forms of it.  When one hears the statement from a professor, "Give me a summary", most would think to give a plot summary, which is a description of what the piece of work is about and what genre it belongs to.  But little do many know that there are different types of summary's. 

The information I need to gather is information about all the different types of summary's and how people identify them.  Then I will go to English majors, preferably ones in my classes and interview them while recording.  The questions I will ask them are
   1.  Are you aware of what a summary is and in their own words can they describe a summary?
   2.  What is the purpose of a summary?

I am still trying to figure out where I will go from there and have started researching further.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment